Bangladesh Denim Expo is readying its upcoming edition to take place in Dhaka’s International Convention City on November 8-9, 2017. The trade show, now reaching its seventh edition, more than ever wants to put the topics transparency, ethics, eco-denim and collaboration in the center of the attention. The demand for transparency in the textile and garment supply chains is growing. As a result, ’Transparency’ will be at the heart of the new edition with a series of actions and events that will let people to know about the manufacturing process,“ Mostafiz Uddin, head of Bangladesh Denim Expo explains.
The various initiatives hosted by the event will include a Transparency Information Center Area and the Transparency Wall, places that will respectively promote organizations and companies offering support and education about all aspects of transparent production and highlighting the benefits of a transparent approach to denim manufacturing. Visitors will also be able to experience a virtual tour of a denim mill, a jeans factory or a laundry–all displaying how they manufacture their pieces, thanks to special virtual reality booths built inside the exhibition’s pavilions.
Both show days will also not only give room to a trend zone area showing the latest developments for Spring/ Summer 2019 but also a roaster of seminars dealing with topics such as transparency, collaborative design and new sustainable techniques. (Please find the seminar schedule on the bottom of this article)
On top the event will host a special event–the Denim Innovation Night–aimed at presenting and celebrating this country’s capabilities, its sustainable practices and highly positive potential growth. The gala event, organized in collaboration with Pacific Jeans Group, one of the largest manufacturers of premium denim in Bangladesh, will highlight the capability of Bangladesh’s denim industry. It will be invitation-only and will take place on the evening of November 8. State-of-the-art denim finishes and product innovation will be the focus of the evening, which will show how Bangladesh can act as a reliable business partner for European and US jeans brands. “The Denim Innovation Night will help to explore all new and upcoming sustainable denim trends, demonstrating the vision for a Bangladesh as an ethical production country,“ says Syed Mohammed Tanvir, Director of Pacific Jeans.
According to the organizers, the show will host a total of 64 exhibitors, 47 of whom are from 12 different countries outside of Bangladesh, among them companies such as Azgard Nine, Artistic Milliners, Brongo, Changzhou Hengfeng Weaving, Diamond Denim, Jeanologia, Kurabo Industries, Naveena Denim, Naveena Exports, Orta Anadolu, Prosperity Textile, Rajby Textiles, Raymond UCO Denim, Sharabati Denim and Tonello.
From visitors’ side Bangladesh Denim Expo announced more than 12,000 online pre-registered guests from all over the world, among them members of companies such as Bestseller, C & A, Debenhams, Esprit, Gap, G-Star, H & M, Inditex, Levi Strauss & Co., Mango, Marks & Spencer, Next, PVH, Target, Tom Tailor, VF and Walmart.
Seminar Schedule at Bangladesh Denim Expo
- Seminar: “Transparency – The first steps towards changing the fashion industry”
Ms. Carry Somers, Founder and Global Operations Director of Fashion Revolution.
Time: 12 – 12.45pm
- Seminar: “Transparency in action in Bangladesh”
1) Mr. Sharif Zahir, Managing Director of Ananta Group
2) Mr. Miran Ali, Managing Director at Bitopi Group & Director BGMEA.
3) Mr. Showkat Aziz Russell, chairman of Amber Denim,
Time: 14 – 14.45pm
- Seminar: “Optimizing the denim washing process through sustainable techniques”.
Mr. Matteo A.Urbini, Managing Director of Soko Chimica SRL.
Time: 15.30 – 16.15pm
- Forum Discussion: “The benefits to be gained by adopting transparent business practices”.
1) Ms. Carry Somers, Founder and Global Operations Director of FASHION REVOLUTION.
2) Ms. Naureen Chowdhury, Program Manager, Bangladesh, Supply Chain Innovation & Transformation, C&A Foundation
3) Mr. Pieter de Vries, First Secretary Economic Affairs and RMG, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to Bangladesh.
4) Ms. Shwapna Bhowmick, Country Manager, Marks and Spencer
5) Mr. MD.Mohiuddin Rubel, Managing Director, Bangladesh Apparel Exchange & Director Denim Expert Ltd.
Time: 17 – 17.45pm
Day 2 – November 9th:
- Seminar: “Towards a transparent denim industry”.
Speaker: Ms. Alice Tonello, Marketing and Sales Director of Tonello Finishing and Laundry Services SRL.
Time: 11.30– 12.15pm
- Seminar: “Implementing ethical denim washing processes to ensure environmental and social transparency”.
Ms. Beatrice Brongo, General Manager at Brongo SRL.
Time: 13 – 13.45pm
- Seminar: "Collaborative design in the denim industry”.
Mr. Jordi Juani, Director of Jeonologia.
Time: 15 –15.45pm
- Seminar: “Introducing the new siriox system for Eco bleach effects”.
Speaker: Dr. Maiani Giovanni, R&D Manager of Montega SRL.
Time: 16.30 – 17.15pm
For more information on trade shows check out DFV Group’s expocheck.com.