Peserico, the smart, sporty Italian apparel manufacturer of the Peserico and PME (Peserico More Easy) collections, has opened its third Italian monobrand store in Milan, following its Turin and Verona boutiques.

The company, founded in 1962 as a tailor’s laboratory, has grown to become a high-quality producer of fine products retailing successfully in Italy (60% of its sales) and abroad (the remaining 40%), with a notable presence in the US, Germany, Spain and Benelux countries.

Peserico closed 2009 with a €22 million turnover and expects to be up 20% in 2010. “We want to continue opening monobrand stores, while selling via multibrands,” said Riccardo Peserico, son of the owner. “These days getting our consumers’ feedback in real time is vital,” he said, adding that additional openings in foreign markets would happen as of 2011.

The brand recently acquired a 200-sq.meter showroom in Duesseldorf’s Kaiserswerther Strasse.

—Maria Cristina Pavarini