International Leather Goods Fair ILM, Offenbach/Germany, just released a special cost-cutting package that is meant to support its exhibitors and visitors as a reaction to the economic problems caused by Corona.
"We are deliberately not waiting to see what will happen next, in the hope that it will not be so bad. [...] We want to send out clear signals now and thus give all those involved more planning security," says ILM's managing director Arnd Hinrich Kappe, explaining the benefits that will be available for the upcoming ILM edition 5-7 September.
The package of measures includes the following points for ILM exhibitors:
- Every exhibitor who operated a stand at the ILM exhibition in March 2020 will receive a one-off 50% discount on the basic rent for their existing space at the next ILM in 2020.
- Each new registration for the coming ILM September 2020 will receive a 20% discount on the basic rent.
- All exhibitors who choose a basic rental stand will receive a one-off 50% discount on the basic rental for the next edition.
Furthermore, ILM has decided on the following discounts for visitors and buyers:
- For ILM in September, the fair will waive admission fees.
- The cost of parking tickets will also be waived.
- Special conditions will be negotiated with hotels and restaurants.
Kappe also points out that all the above measures only apply to the calendar year 2020. From 2021 onwards, the usual prices will be charged again.