Milan will have some hot days from September 16-26, 2017 as it hosts the Milano XL – A Celebration of Italian Creativity initiative spotlighting Italian ingenuity, manufacturing and craftsmanship.
During the initiative’s run Milan Woman’s Fashion Week will present previews of the s/s 2018 season and the first time many specialized trade shows that usually occur at different times of the season such as TheMicam (footwear show), Mipel (leather and accessories) and other fairs will take place simultaneously.
The Milano XL event–whose name stands for a celebration of excellence, but also as an XL size initiative–will host seven massive powerful and evocative installations visible to everyone across the city. Italy's Minister of the Economic Development and Milan Municipality plus various other Italian industrial associations with fashion and industry organizations will be involved. These include Anfao with Mido (eyewear), Cosmetica Italia with Cosmoprof (cosmetics), Federorafi (jewelry) and Milano Unica (textiles) with Lineapelle (tanning). The aim of the initiative is to raise the public's awareness about the creativity and know-how of Italian manufacturing, which creates high-end and internationally recognized products.
Milano XL event’s artistic direction will be under Davide Rampello, already artistic director of 2015 Milano Expo, hyped by world-class scenic design by Margherita Palli.
The seven installations will be:
1. La Biblioteca dei Tessuti (The Library of Textiles), Palazzo della Ragioneria, Milano Unica together with its long-standing partner SMI
2. Il Salotto delle Gioie (The Parlor of Jewels), Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, Federorafi
3. Il Cosmo della Bellezza (The Cosmos of Beauty), La Rinascente Building, Cosmetica Italia with Cosmoprof
4. Vestire il Volto (Dressing the Face), Piazza San Carlo, Anfao with Mido
5. L’Ultimo Dono (Last Gift), Piazza Croce Rossa, Unic with Lineapelle
6. Dalla Bottega alla Vetrina, Il Cinema delle Arti e dei Mestieri (From the Workshop to the Showcase, the Cinema of Arts&Crafts), Via Montenapoleone, Altagamma Foundation
7. Trionfo d’amore (Triumph of Love), Castello Sforzesco – Piazza d’Armi, Fiera Milano with Sì Sposaitalia Collezioni