Look from the current Uniform collection
20 Mar. 2014
Uniform to launch women’s jeans and premium lines
Uniform, the historical Italian jeanswear brand, most popular in the 1980s, continues its re-launch operations and will also introduce a women’s jeans line for F/W 2014/2015.
Since 2004, the brand is distributed Europe-wide by U.M. Company, which is based in Barberino di Mugello, near Florence, founded by Staff Jeans, a Greek jeans manufacturer. The brand is entirely made in Europe: 80% is produced by Staff Jeans, while the remaining 20% are produced in Italy.
Uniform Jeans is presently offering around 80 pieces, all aimed at men. Most of them are denim and cotton trousers, t-shirts, denim shirts, sweaters and knitwear items, all labeled with the brand’s logo.
Uniform’s product philosophy remains faithful to the original brand idea of 1980s, which can be describe as the following: An authentic Italian jeans brand available in a wide variety of washes and treatments, mostly employing Made-in-Italy fabrics. At present, the collection is delivered bi-annually, although by F/W 2014/2015 it will be offered quarterly and it will include two new small concept collections - one made from organic raw materials and the other one made of authentic selvage denims – either Italian or Japanese. These capsule collections are meant to be distributed to a specially selected group of retailers.
Currently, the brand is mostly sold in Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria, Israel and Greece through multibrand stores. Prospective goals also include the opening of monobrand stores and the positioning of the brand at department stores.
Maria Cristina Pavarini
|Back to home|