03 Mar. 2010
PRIVALIA LAUNCHES MEXICAN PORTALPrivalia, the online member’s club launched in Spain in 2006, has added Mexico to its stable of international businesses.
The online discount outlet, which has branches in Brazil and Italy, offers apparel and accessories for women, men and kids at prices 70% less than offered in stores during the selling season. The retailer has over 3.5 million active users and expects triple-digit growth for 2010.
Sampling some 58,000 users, of which 33,000 were from Spain, 14,000 from Italy and 11,000 from Brazil, the company said users in Spain were mostly women (70%) between 30 and 40, while those under-30 accounted for 30% and those over 40 26% of overall customers. Users earned between €600 and €1,200, and were mostly looking for most affordable products and special offers.
Privalia shoppers in Italy were also mostly women (64%), while men accounted for 36% of shoppers. Women looked more for special discounts, while men looked to purchase fewer products but mostly branded ones. While women bought casualwear, sportswear, and underwear without looking too much for brand names, men looked for brands and showed a special affinity for footwear. Italian shoppers mostly between the ages of 25 and 35, also had average monthly income of €1,200 and €1,700, and only 8% of the users bought items through their cell phones.
In Brazil, shoppers were mostly women again (61%), while men made up the remaining 39%, a record figure among the three countries.
—Maria Cristina Pavarini
|Back to home|